Sunday, March 28, 2010

City of Heroes "Going Rogue" Trailer



I'm thinking I showed this when it came out, but who cares? That was a while ago.

I was just playing my Mastermind who just might go for that redemption and salvation stuff -- but then again...maybe not. Either way it is one of the few game things happening that makes me the least bit excited. Chatting with Neil a bit in the last post got me thinking of imaginary societies (something I enjoy pondering as an idle pastime), and in this case, it's Praetorian earth -- the one in which the Statesman, Paragon's greatest hero is the villain the Tyrant. He rules his "utopia" with an iron fist.

A world in which Dr. Helios, a mad scientist who use his wife in his own experiments, might just start the battle to win her back. Or perhaps not. The Great Work or the woman?

Then there is Mister Apex, the man who through selective breeding with gods and men has been designed by a secret society to rule our world, but rejected that path and became a hero -- perhaps he will flip and seize what is his "destiny."

Fun stuff.

City of Heroes is not the best game, but it is really cool that they have continued to add to it. It makes me happy and it is always a nice diversion when I get tired of WoW or sick of the klugey mess that is Star Wars Galaxies.

Check it out.

No comments: