Monday, April 12, 2010

Stossel: What is a Libertarian?

This is probably the best piece on libertarianism I have ever seen on television. Stossel does s superb job of exploring libertarian thought:











I'd say I am closer to P.J. O'Roarke than anyone else on this show in my general outlook, although any of them are advocating an improvement from the statist quo. I think libertarians could learn a lesson from the radicals of the past. Let's do it through incrementalism.

We need our radicals to hold out the edge, but we need our libertarian moderates to actively pursue policies and candidates that can win. I can see that happening when I watch shows like this and scan the various libertarian and classical liberal sites.

I also want my word "liberal" back, because that is all we really are. Liberal used to mean we who believe in LIBERTY, but today it means those who are liberal with other people's money.

No comments: